So a little background on Dale (Bryan) Murphy.
- He was born March 12, 1956 in Portland, Oregon.
- He was an outfielder and first baseman but started as a catcher.
- During an 18-year baseball career, 1976–1993, he played for three different teams, but is noted for his time with the Atlanta Braves when he debuted with them on September 13, 1976.
- He was an All-Star 7 times in 1980 and 1982 – 87.
- Murphy won consecutive National League Most Valuable Player Awards in 1982–1983,
- He was National League’s Silver Slugger Award four straight years 1982–1985.
- Dale was the National League’s Gold Glove award five straight years 1982–1986.
- He won the Roberto Clemente award in 1988.
- The Atlanta Braves retire his number 3 jersey.
- Most important, I think, is that he was nicknamed the “Beeg Donkey” by Rico Carty.
There is more but this seems like a good list.